Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Responsible for overall technical leadership of the technical team. Provides guidance for the design and development of company heart failure products. Works closely with senior management to establish product development goals while ensuring market compatibility.
- Provides leadership to design/development teams to keep focus.
- Provides design/development teams with appropriate resources to perform assigned tasks.
- Technical leader within the company.
- Formulates and implements research and development programs, policies, and procedures required to support profitable growth.
- Interfaces with appropriate internal and external resources to ensure intellectual property is appropriately protected.
- Interfaces with appropriate internal and external resources (regulatory, customers, etc.) to ensure development programs meet regulatory and customer requirements.
- Provides technical assistance for diagnosing design and process development problems.
- Keeps senior management team informed of design/development progress and issues.
- Guides development and documentation of test plan protocols, standard operating procedures, specifications and test procedures.
- Develops departmental budget estimates for team headcount, materials, contractors and consultants.
- Contributes to business unit and divisional strategy planning.
- Participates in review boards for intellectual property, CAPA, complaints, business unit planning, and others as necessary.
- Reviews and provides functional approval for project and quality system documentation.
- Evaluates potential business partners, including vendors, contract product development and manufacturing companies.
- Develops and manages organizational plans and resources for the specific department and business units for which they are responsible.
- Provides mentorship and career development oversight for direct report employees.
- Tracks and forecasts divisional and product and technology projects
- Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
- Hires and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback. Sets goals which align to department plans and manages the execution of goals through coaching and mentoring. Maintains a safe and professional work environment.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Works with standard office equipment, telephone, cellular phone, and personal computer. Operates a motor vehicle for trips to various Company sites and outside vendor, field, and customer locations; and to commute to various airports for airline travel.
Works primarily in a standard office environment with air conditioning, good lighting with a low to moderate noise level. May also visit research labs, testing labs, production and other areas as well as vendor facilities as necessary.
Activities require a significant amount of sitting in front of a computer monitor, some standing and walking. Significant use of hands and arms, plus finger dexterity to reach, point, write, type, operate a computer and other office equipment. Performs tasks that regularly require good correctable vision and hand/eye coordination. Activities also require significant use of voice and hearing for discussions with other employees.
- Four year bachelor of science degree in the technical field of electrical, biomedical or software engineering.
- Masters degree in a technical and/or business field is preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in implantable medical device development
- Previous experience leading/managing an R&D dedicated implantable teams or a functional engineering team.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
- Solid Understanding of ISO 13485 and CFR 820.30
- Ability to travel approximately 30%, including internationally.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
United States > Minnesota > Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N
Yes, 50 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.EEO is the Law link - English: EEO is the Law link - Espanol:
Posted 30+ Days Ago
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new solutions across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether its next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of lifes greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality