AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the worlds most complex and critical conditions. The companys mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn .?
Associate Director Quality Assurance, Combination Products & Medical Devices
AbbVie: Determined to Make a Difference [Updated]
People. Passion. Possibilities. Those three simple words mean everything at AbbVie, where patients always come first. So do cutting-edge science and innovation, which fuel our expanding pipeline as we take on the world's toughest health challenges in oncology, immunology, liver disease, women's health and beyond. Together, we strive to make a difference for patients around the world. For more visit: www.abbvie.com.
Primary responsibility is as the QA lead on R&D combination product / medical device development teams. Mentor/lead product team members through the design control process. Provide product QA support, reviews and approval for design control and risk management. Utilize quality engineering methods.
- Provide QA supportfor new drug-device Combination Product development from late stage feasibility through transfer into commercial and/or clinical manufacturing operations
- Perform and review/approve design control and risk management activities. Work closely with research and development organization to ensure potential product issues are identified and addressed in the design.
- Work effectively and influence multiple functions (R&D, Operations, Commercial, Regulatory, Supply Chain, Medical etc.) to ensure design control expectations are met
- Perform 3rd party management activities such as review of design control deliverables, assessment of supplier changes, supplier controls (corrective actions), quality agreements, relationship development, etc.
- Ensurecompliance with corporate and regulatory body requirements for medical devices and combination products.
- Support resolution project team issues with minimal oversight
- Work on complex technical problems, utilize quality engineering methods and provide innovative solutions
- Interact with and have ability to influence decisions of R&D and Operations Directors and Vice Presidents. Requires high level of competence, confidence, and credibility.
- P rovide consultation and training on combination products and medical devices to internal and cross-functional groups
- Lead quality system improvement initiatives
- Assure integration of device, drug and biologic regulations into quality system
- Representthe companyas the combination products Quality Assurance subject matter expert during internal and external regulatory inspections.
- Ensure design control documentation and requirements are met.
- Bachelors degree is required; typically in sciences, engineeringor other technical/scientific area
- 7-10 years of experience in Quality, Development or related field
- Proven track record in successful execution of device development / design control and risk management in R&D; preferably in QA.
- Device regulation (design control) experience required
- Combination product and experience with supplier management preferred
- Leadership of other technical professionals and experience in leading global cross-functional teams with results-orientation
- Skilled in the initiation, selection, coordination and management of projects and have ability to resolve unusually complex technical problems by providing solutions that are highly innovative
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting devices, biologics and pharmaceutical products
- Knowledge of ISO standards, US Code of Federal regulations, and the EU regulations
- Strong oral and written communication skills needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Makes critical, creative and strategic decisions as a result of rapid analysis of available information including risk-assessment for the patient and for the business
- Must be able to respond quickly to unplanned events, technical issues and changing needs from development programs by making sound quality judgment from complied factual data provided by the different functional areas, each presenting varied viewpoint of regulatory requirements or project needs and requirements
- Significant Work Activities and Conditions: N/A
- Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Level Code: M
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employerwe do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic informationgender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Unless otherwise specified, all product names appearing in this internet site are trademarks owned by or licensed to AbbVie Inc., its subsidiaries or affiliates. No use of any AbbVie trademark, trade name, or trade dress in this site may be made without the prior written authorization of AbbVie Inc., except to identify the product or services of the company.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality