The Manager of Benefits has responsibility for health and welfare analytics which includes analyzing, preparing and interpreting statistical and financial data to support the management and development of new and existing benefit programs. You will be responsible for the management of U.S. leave, disability and work comp programs including vendor relationships and for maintaining other benefit programs and vendor relationships.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for health and welfare data analytics including becoming a "super" user of external IBM data warehouse and health plan reporting systems, developing reports, interpreting statistical and financial results and preparing executive summaries to aid in the development of new and existing benefit programs.
- Supports Health and Welfare Director with annual benefits strategy by providing analytics and financial assessment of health and welfare programs and assisting with the development of health plan preimums and contributions.
- Provide customized research on benefits topics and support surveys and benchmarking as required.
- Responsible for leading U.S. leave and disability programs, including vendor management, compliance, liaison with H.R. Benefits Operation Team, managing appeals, developing strategy recommendations, and implementing changes to programs.
- Responsible for U.S. workers compensation program including handling litigated claims, developing settlement recommendations and vendor management.
- Works independently on vendor management and project management. Responsible for completing independent projects within defined deadlines.
- Assesses the performance of benefits' vendors through financial, utilization, participation and quality data analyses. Keep management informed of vendor performance issues or potential employee impacts.
- Makes presentations to employees and management on benefit/well-being programs as needed.
- Responsible for other health and welfare programs and vendor management as assigned.
- Project management of key benefit projects as assigned which may include areas such as Open Enrollment and implementation of new benefit programs.
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree preferred.
- Must have strong analytical skills (7+ years prior experience) with prior data warehouse experience preferred.
- Must have U.S. benefits, or health and welfare experience. Leave and disability experience desired.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Experience in Microsoft products, including Access, and Word.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal
- Experience working independently and with internal and external teams.
- Strong project management and vendor management skills.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and have experience working with different types of organizations including vendors, consultants, providers, clients, etc.