Primary responsibility for the Manager, Market Access Contracting and Rebating is to facilitate the achievement of the largest component of AbbVie US sales, margin and price for all branded products focusing on the management and maintenance of the Managed Care contracting process associated with: Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) and Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs).
You will be responsible for supporting the objectives of the Managed Health Care (MHC) organization by leading the creation, maintenance and management of the commercial contracting process, consistent with established pricing strategies. This position is also responsible for running the analysis, appropriate dispute and payments of rebate claims within required timelines.
The Manager is responsible for identifying, establishing, developing and implementing appropriate processes to maintain compliance for AbbVie US with all state and federal government laws and regulations. You will lead a staff of two Finance Leads and one Senior Financial Analyst. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide analytical support and pricing decisions for contracts representing billions in annual sales.
- Execute contracts consistent with AbbVie US business goals and objectives.
- Lead all aspects of the development of contract/offer decks, including consultation with Legal and MHC Marketing as needed, and deliver to account managers.
- Facilitate contract language negotiations based on communications with the customer and coordinate execution of final contracts.
- Coordinate communication across multiple cross-functional teams and applicable partners regarding pending offers and deal analytics.
- Coordinate the payment of multi-billion rebate payments and analysis of actual-to-plan reconciliations for Plan/Update/LBE/LRP
- Own the development of Quarterly Business Review (QBR) materials and continued support of Key Account Metrics (KAM).
- Maintain adherence to the RELAY process, review and approve the executive summary of proposed offers and participate in Pricing Committee meetings.
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting. MBA/CPA preferred.
- 8+ years of progressive Accounting/Finance.
- Function independently and provide the leadership required to negotiate change/compromise to drive the business forward to reach the intended goals
- Ability to interact with and support senior level management and to partner successfully and independently in a matrix organization.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, planning and decision-making skills.
- Adapt at analyzing and summarizing data from several sources.
- Extensive interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills including a comfort level with presenting to various levels of executive management.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint technical and content strategy skills.
- Ability to lead and coordinate multiple activities and due dates, and shifting priorities, under tight timeframes.
- A highly motivated self-starter who can translate broad directions into high quality analytical output.
- Open to new ideas, creative and utilizes valuable principles in approach.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Planning and forecasting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of TM1, Model N, COGNOS, Qlikview preferred.