Manage development of high-quality scientific publications (ie, clinical manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations) for assigned therapeutic areas/assets within established timelines to fulfill medical/scientific objectives. Oversee the work of external vendors and manage outsourcing budgets as well as internal resource assignments. Contribute to cross-functional Publication Team meetings. Update tactical publication plans regularly, and communicate changes to key stakeholders. Key Responsibilities Include:
Provide oversight and project management for scientific publication projects (ie, clinical manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations) within assigned therapeutic areas/assets, ensuring accuracy and adherence to agreed upon timelines. Provide direction and guidance to vendors regarding assigned projects ensuring a high-quality and timely work product, and adherence to Publication Policy and associated Procedures. Conduct review of publication projects for quality and alignment with medical/scientific objectives. Provide input and feedback to management regarding vendors' work product/quality. Effectively project and manage outsourcing budget and internal resource needs for assigned therapeutic areas/assets, ensuring full utilization of internal resources and outsourcing budget. Establish, maintain, and expand business relationships with staff from functional areas collaborating on publication projects. Provide support for Publications Team meetings, including meeting preparation and presentations during meetings as assigned. Communicate effectively across functional areas and within department to accomplish project objectives. Present information to appropriate individuals in a concise, clear, and objective manner. Ensure project information in publication records and resourcing tools is accurate and up-to-date. Proficiently learn and apply therapeutic area and product knowledge to publication projects. Maintain expert knowledge of US and international requirements and guidance associated with scientific publications. Participate in department initiatives/activities that impact medical publishing practices/processes. Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree required. PhD, PharmD, Master's Degree preferred. Relevant professional certification/credential (eg, CMPP, AMWA) is a plus.
- 4 years of medical/scientific publications experience in the pharmaceutical/health care industry, academia, or related experience (eg, medical communication agency, clinical/scientific research) required.
- Knowledge of clinical/scientific publication structure, content, and quality. Knowledge of scientific publication regulations and best practices.
- Working knowledge of statistical concepts and techniques required. Ability to understand and interpret clinical data and strategic concepts.
- Collaborative teamwork track record. Builds positive relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable higher performance.
- Good business communication and presentation skills.
- Microsoft Office and Internet navigation proficiencies essential.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change the course quickly where indicated. Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement. Embraces the ideas of others, cultivates innovation and manages innovation to reality.