Senior DevOps Engineer will be part of the Information Research DevOps team focused on DevOps and operations of AWS cloud services. The ideal candidate will have a solid understand of cloud computing involving AWS and collaborate with business units to provide consultation and support for cloud solutions with a focus on best practices and security for primarily AWS but will include other cloud services and solutions. This role will also be expected to investigate and engineer new technologies focused on automation to enhance and secure the cloud platforms and provide agility to the business.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Reviews architectural diagrams for proposed solutions and implements the standard cloud based on compute, data, or security requirements.
- Engineer and implement cloud applications to cloud infrastructure.
- Manages the automation and deployment of cloud services such as EC2, VPC, S3, ECS, RDS, Lambda, Virtual Machines, Storage Accounts, and Resource Groups.
- Utilize continuous integration and automation tools such as Github, Jenkins, Ansible, PowerShell, Cloud Formation Templates, and Terraform.
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions.
- Implements best practices, cloud governance, and security controls across infrastructure and applications.
- Manage cloud service costs and investigate opportunities to reduce spend across cloud environments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support the engineering and implementation of new cloud applications or solutions.
- Provide third level support to operational teams to ensure Incident and Problem Management is a mechanism that feeds continuous improvement
- Assist application and architecture teams with proof of concept cloud services
- Collaborate with the architecture team on cloud strategy.
- Adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable corporate and divisional policies.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent education
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
- AWS Certified Solutions Associate
- 5 years of experience in designing, executing, and supporting AWS.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Has participated in the design, implementation, and migration of applications to a cloud environment.
- Recent work experience health care/life science organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be deliverables focused and detail oriented.
- Must exhibit exceptional teamwork skills.
- Must have a strong customer focus.
Associated topics: application architect, architecture, back end, c, c/c++, c#, expert, maven, php, programming