Human Resource Director at Acadia Healthcare
Human Resource Director
A year ago, Tower Health announced plans for what studies showed is a sorely needed behavioral health care facility in Berks County.
In the past year, Tower Health, in partnership with Tennessee-based Acadia Healthcare, has been planning and developing the project.
The 92,000-square-foot facility will house a 144-bed behavioral health and chemical dependence treatment center. It is expected to open in early 2020.
The facility will offer outpatient programs and counseling, treatment for substance abuse disorders and other services. It also will provide inpatient psychiatric care for children, adults and seniors. It will be located on a partially wooded parcel on the west side of Route 183. The land, which already is being cleared and graded, sits between Teleflex Inc. and Penn State Health St. Joseph hospital.
Responsible for all phases of human resources within a facility to include recruiting, orientation, employee relations, training, employee data maintenance, benefits and termination procedures. Provide support and guidance to facility management and employees with a focus on consistent employment practices
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and administer various human resource plans and procedures for all facility personnel.
- Conduct recruitment: activity to include advertising, internal job posting, application screening, coordination of interviewing, extending offers of employment and completing necessary paperwork. Develop and maintain tracking system for open positions.
- Maintain personnel files, including training records and all necessary new hire paperwork.
- Deliver training to employees and managers.
- Provide guidance on interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Work with managers to resolve and prevent employee relations issues by coaching and training.
- Ensure complete and consistent Human Resources documentation, including but not limited to documentation of disciplinary actions and training compliance.
- Timely initial and on-going verification of licenses including background, driving record, professional and other checks as designated by state regulations. Assure necessary action taken expeditiously if policy standards are not met.
- May include managing and directing subordinate staff to identify goals and objectives.
- Handle complex and sensitive employee relations and human resources issues that have organizational impact or legal ramifications.
- Advise managers on performance management, workforce planning and compensation.
- Enter and maintain all employee information in UltiPro (HRIS).
Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, business or related field required.
- Five years previous experience in a Human Resourcesrelated role withdemonstrable knowledge of principles and procedures for recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefits, labor relations and negotiation and human resources information systems.
Professional certification in Human Resources preferred
Acadia Healthcare's behavioral health treatment facilities are specialized in helping children, adolescents, adults, and seniors suffering from mental health disorders and/or alcohol and drug addiction.
Associated topics: administrator, associate director, director, guidance, lead, leadership, manager, monitor, president, vice president