Global Program Head
Compensation: $107,040.00 - $160,420.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Your tasks and responsibilities
YOUR TASKS ANDRESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role,Global Program Head, are to:
1. Designs and propose an integratedprogram strategy based on regulatory and commercial/consumerrequirements/needs:
- Develops the Target Opportunity Profile (TOP)and Target Product Profile (TPP) with the GPT and proposes updatesof the TPP as required;
- Defines and plans developmentmilestones including but not limited to getting decisions and Go/NoGo decision points;
- Ensures agreement on the programdevelopment strategies with Commercial, Regions and R&DManagement through empowered corresponding GPTmembers;
- Proposes alternative developmentscenarios with respect to risk, benefit, budget, and timelines forSenior Management decision;
- Holds GPT members accountable forcommitted timelines and budgets;
- Involves additional internal or, inagreement with R&D functions, external experts when needed, toobtain second opinions or advice;
- Conducts or contributes to periodic andsystematic program reviews (e.g. project/portfolio reviews, programstrategy meetings, program risk management meetings, lessonslearned or cross-program budget reviews) in order to improveefficiency of drug development as well as to early identifycritical success factors and to facilitate portfolio analysis, riskmanagement and decision making;
- Ensures timely, transparent andobjective communication about program status and issues between GPTand Management;
- Represents the GPT to the appropriatedecision bodies;
2. Is accountable for deliveringprograms on time, in (external) budget and requiredquality:
- Drives and steers the implementation of theprogram strategy by ensuring resource and budget availability inclose alignment with the R&Dfunctions;
- Proactively develops proposals tomanage/mitigate/resolve risks for aprogram;
- Holds GPT members responsible for committedtimelines and budgets.
3. Manages performance of the GPT and itsmembers for achieving team and personal objectives of theprogram:
- Sets challenging individual program-relatedobjectives for and together with the team members to be consideredin team member s objective setting process and assesses teammembers performance to be able to provide input to the yearlyperformance evaluation and talent management potentialevaluation;
- Maintains motivation within the team: Fosterstrust and transparency within the team in order tooptimize team functioning, and facilitate the surfacing ofissues;
- For program-related activities, providesregular feedback to team members concerning their contribution tothe team performance to targetobjectives;
- Actively seeks feedback from team members onhis/her performance, and on how the teaminteractions/decisions/meetings can beimproved.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by yourdemonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically relatedto this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses thefollowing:
- PhD or MD or another advancedacademic degree preferred (must possess at least a B.S. or B.A. inone of the basic sciences or a businessdiscipline).
- A minimum of 7+ years in developing compoundsin the relevant therapeutic area required (experience through Earlyand Late development phases preferred) and leading one or moreagents to a regulatory approval would bebeneficial.
- Experience in some of the key projectrelated functions (Research, Clinical Development, RegulatoryAffairs, Production, Quality Assurance, Marketing) isrequired.
- Strong aptitude to set a visionfor an organization, develop multi-disciplinary strategies andmobilize cross functional employees to achieve theirobjectives.
- Team leadership experience ishighly desirable. Ability to attract, develop and retaintalent.
- Excellent networking abilitieswith internal and external stakeholders. Track record ofinteractions with FDA & EMA isbeneficial.
- Incumbent must embrace change andshould possess the ability to effectively work in an internationaland multiculturalenvironment.
- Decisive and well developedpractical judgment.
- Good emotional skills andpersonal insights.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the \"Passion to Innovate\" and the \"Power to Change\", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Associated topics: .net, application, back end, c#, develop, developer, matlab, php, software developer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...