Manager, Global Procurement & Strategic Sourcing
Employment Type: Full-Time
Integra LifeSciences, a world leader in medical technology, is dedicated to limiting uncertainty for surgeons, so they can concentrate on providing the best patient care. Integra offers innovative solutions in orthopedic extremity surgery, neurosurgery, reconstructive and general surgery, and regenerative wound care.
Integra's orthopedic products include devices and implants for foot and ankle, hand and wrist, shoulder and elbow, tendon and peripheral nerve protection and repair. Integra is a leader in neurosurgery, offering a broad portfolio of implants, devices, instruments and systems used in neurosurgery, neuromonitoring, neurotrauma, and related critical care. Integra’s Tissue Technologies is an in-patient and outpatient Regenerative product portfolio, which includes products for wound care, burns, abdominal reconstruction, and plastic & reconstructive surgery. In the United States, Integra is a leading provider of surgical instruments to hospitals, surgery centers and alternate care sites, including physician and dental offices.
Founded in 1989 Integra is headquartered in Plainsboro, New Jersey and has over 4,500 employees worldwide. Integra's common stock is listed on The NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol "IART."
The Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager, Indirect will tactically shape, create, manage, implement, establish and ensure compliance with global company and division-wide purchasing/procurement strategies, policies, standards and practices. This position will also evaluate and leverage global procurement purchases, sourcing, and inventories to reduce the total cost of procurement and ownership. The Sr. Manager will proactively work with the various sites and departments to plan and implement actions and metrics to achieve savings, ensure continuity of supply, and meet current and future business needs.
This individual will need to provide leadership and oversight to a multi-faceted team, ensuring that the services are clearly defined, and in turn, execute initiatives that both meet and exceed agreed target levels and compliance requirements across a diverse group of internal and external business partners. In addition, this individual will be responsible to drive and influence continuous improvement initiatives throughout all Indirect spend categories.
Under the direction of the Sr. Director, Global Procurement and Strategic Sourcing manage the identification, implementation and alignment of sourcing strategies and supplier capabilities for various categories of spend. Develop and manage strategic business relationships and gain a comprehensive understanding of business requirements to ensure stakeholder objectives are in alignment with sourcing strategies. Identify metrics, tools and processes to optimize sourcing, supplier activities and efficiencies and work collaboratively with team members to prioritize and drive implementation.
- Ensure compliance with company and division-wide purchasing/procurement strategies, policies, standards and practices.
- Set goals and objectives that lead to increasing levels of value delivery for the divisions and company and overall Global Procurement.
- Drive change management and acceptance across the Global Procurement group and the entire enterprise through influential relationships within the division and across other functional areas
- Strategic Indirect Commodity Management – Create commodity-level strategy and tactics to meet Integra’s overall global supply objectives (i.e., continuity of supply, cost reduction, low cost country sourcing, etc.). Direct a team of globally matrixed commodity resources in executing the global commodity plan.
- Contract Development and Negotiation – Develop negotiation plans and execution of global supply, service, and equipment agreements, including pricing road maps, blanket agreements, Integra’s standard terms and conditions, procurement best practices, risk mitigation, etc.
- Participate in the annual Strategic Planning process providing procurement strategies as required
- Establish and lead effective network with suppliers and internal customers; Manages ongoing relationships with key strategic suppliers and the manufacturing and headquarters sites
- Evaluate total spend per category of goods and services and establish sourcing strategies and approaches to simplify processes, reduce risk and uncertainty, and reduce the total cost of ownership
- Develop and maintain operating models for Indirect Sourcing functions within divisions, company, and Global Procurement
- Ensures that purchasing metrics are in place and uses them to drive improvements
- Leads strategic initiatives in a complex, multi-application, multi-organization landscape, while driving continuous improvement within a shared services model
- Searches the market for new and alternative ideas, suppliers, processes and products to improve efficiency and profitability.
- Exploit local, regional, and global synergies
- Process owner to improve and manage Sarbanes-Oxley procurement procedures and reporting
- Ensure continuity of supply of purchased goods and services
- Manage transitions of multiple processes from sending organization to target organization - includes transition management, knowledge transfer, process re-engineering
- Participate in negotiations of major contracts and blanket purchase agreements with critical vendors for goods and services, together with the Law Department and business areas
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for his position.
- Degree in Operations, Engineering, Business or a related discipline; Graduate degree preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience in procurement management or equivalency
- Lean or Six Sigma certification is preferred
- PMA and/or APICS Certification is preferred
- Medical Device or Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- Excellent business acumen, including demonstrated abilities and leadership with financial analyses, business case preparation, NPV, ROI, and data-driven approach
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook.
- Strong leadership skills in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to work collaborate with employees and/or vendors throughout the world.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams and project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the details of legal contracts
- Working knowledge and experience with ERP systems required – preference to those with Oracle ERP experience
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications
Loading some great jobs for you...