Compensation: $89,160.00 - $162,260.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Excluding Post Secondary
The main responsibility of the teacher is to provide instruction and supervision within a therapeutic classroom and to implement the philosophy of education as outlined in school policy.
- Carrying out and maintaining all instructional aspects of a student?s IEP.
- Completing progress reports and Annual Review reports for the IEPs.
- Delivering classroom instructional program and adjusting based on the needs of the students.
- Selecting appropriate instructional materials.
- Monitoring and assesses student progress and behavior.
- Maintaining a classroom environment that is conducive for instruction.
- Maintaining student report cards, as a means of documenting student achievement.
- Maintaining student attendance records.
- Utilizing therapeutic intervention techniques to de-escalate problematic student behaviors.
- Maintaining contact with parents, as necessary.
- Assisting with daily student dismissal.
- Carrying out other tasks that the administrators deem necessary.
- M. A. in Special Education preferred.
- Certification as a Special Education Teacher in NY State, K-6.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Ability to individualize instruction in a classroom setting.
- Ability to communicate and work within a therapeutic environment.
Associated topics: assistant superintendent, chief, chief academic officer, dean, elementary vice principal, executive director, head of school, high school superintendent, manage, middle school principal
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...