Compensation: $83,450.00 - $117,470.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, well-being, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Sheltering Arms is currently looking to hire a Registered Nurse (RN)Provide and coordinate the delivery of health care services for all individuals as assigned. Provide in-servicing and training to staff regarding health, medical care and medication administration. Re-certify and/or certify staff for medication administration as required.
- RN full-time- Shall be responsible to oversee up to 50 individuals at various sites and locations; Part-time RN will oversee up to 20 individuals receiving services at various sites and locations.
- Responsible for the supervision of unlicensed direct care staff in the performance of nursing tasks and responsibilities.
- Conduct AMAP, Diabetic, and Insulin trainings to unlicensed direct care staff and program management.
- Responsible for developing an individualized plan for nursing services for all individuals receiving nursing services.
- Conduct annual clinical performance evaluations for unlicensed direct care staff for procedure that include but not limited to medication administration.
- Conduct observation of staff administering individuals medication on a quarterly basis and must be documented and available for review upon request.
- Provide direct health and personal care to program individuals.
- Perform and supervise treatment procedures as ordered by the physician.
- Coordinate total health care services for all individuals.
- Observe symptoms, reactions and needs of individuals and request necessary medical follow-up.
- Maintain direct contact with physicians and other health care personnel and see that the staff understands and carries out medical orders completely and promptly.
- Arrange for needed follow-up medical care and ensure that written reports are received and acted upon in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and current medical charts on all individuals.
- Review Nursing Care Plan on a monthly basis to ensure that residents health care needs are met.
- Requisition and order medical supplies.
- Keep daily record of all medications administered and ensure all medications are properly stored, locked and maintained.
- Act as liaison between the agency and health care services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s Degree
- Registered Nurse
- Attended AMAP Training
- Knowledge of OPWDD regulations
- Experience working in community based programs preferred.
- Human service background with nursing experience.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff and clinicians of various disciplines.
- Patience and willingness to learn new skills.
- Effectively supervise direct care staff.
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care unit, coronary, intensive care unit, maternal, mhb, nurse rn, psychatric, surgical, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...