- Sheltering Arms
453 E 167th St
Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community's greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Sheltering Arms is seeking a Residence Manager to be responsible for the overall supervision and monitoring of assigned residential programs, including but not limited to the following; develops and ensures effective implementation of the assigned individuals Residential Habilitation valued outcomes and plans. Provides ongoing supervision, support and training as necessary to the Assistant Manager and all program staff in accordance with OPWDD certified setting compliance standards. Provides continuous monitoring of the assigned residential programs on a 24 hour 7 days per week basis to ensure overall safety of the individuals served and direct support staff. Serve as liaison to outside provider agencies on behalf of the individuals served.
* Provide direct supervision to the Assistant Residence Manager and all Direct Care Professionals.
* Facilitates and ensures all staff receive and maintain appropriate trainings and certifications.
* Maintains a tracking log of all staff trainings and certifications.
* Completes and maintains AMAP, SCIP-R, First AID/CPR and all other required certifications as designated by supervisor.
* Maintains and monitors all financial ledgers, receipts and funds in the programs, such as petty cash and individuals personal allowance accounts/funds.
* Conducts monthly physical plant inspection and monthly inspection of the assigned program vehicles and maintains a Facilities and Vehicle Tracking Log of all completed maintenance/work at the site.
* Completes and documents notifications, investigations, and summaries for incidents in accordance with the OPWDD and the Justice Centers regulations and Code of Ethics.
* Maintains all individuals' specific documentation (ISP's, Res Hab Plans, etc) and records in compliance with HIPPA and OPWDD's regulatory standards.
* Attends all meetings as designated.
* Ensures that all agency's policies and procedures and OPWDD's regulations are implemented and all
* corresponding documentation is filed accordingly at the program site.
* Ensures that individuals receive appropriate and professional services based on a person-centered assessment of the individual's interests, strengths, capabilities, needs and preferences.
* Serve as an advocate for the individuals served to ensure their individualized choices and needs are respected and they receive quality care.
* Serve on the I/DDS departments Incident Review and Human Rights Committees.
* All other duties as designated.
* Minimum of a High School Diploma in addition to 3 years of supervisory experience working with Intellectual/Developmentally Disabled individuals; Bachelor's degree in Human Services field preferred with a Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience with knowledge of OPWDD regulations
* AMAP, SCIP-R, First Aid/CPR Certifications required.
* Computer and technical skills required
* Ability to provide on-call supervision 24 hour 7 days per week.
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...