- The Salvation Army
- $83,450.00 -117,470.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
1500 Waters Pl
Manage the nursing care of individual, including determining the need for immediate physician attention, the execution of medical orders of the physician or dentist and the coordination of the individuals nursing care in relation to routine facility activities and the individual s comprehensive treatment plans. Responsible for overall medical, dental, and nutritional care of all OPWDD individuals residing in the facility. Adherence to applicable regulations and review of resident progress as appropriate.
- The pre-admission evaluation study and plan.
- Evaluates each individual s need for nursing care on a periodic and continuing basis, and when appropriate provide such care under the supervision of Nursing Manager and QIDP.
- The evaluation study, program design and placement of the client at the time of admission to the residence.
- The periodic reevaluation of the type, extent and quality of services and programming.
- The development of discharge plans.
- The referral to appropriate community resources.
- Conduct in-service training with regard to personal hygiene, medication administration, family life and sex education.
- Control of communicable diseases and infections, through identification and assessment reporting to medical authorities.
- Implementation of appropriate protective and preventive measures.
- Develop treatment plans, in conjunction with the Interdisciplinary Team, consisting of an evaluation of the nursing needs and selection of nursing procedures and practices which will best serve the individual's health care needs.
- Record on the individuals medical records nursing observations and action taken, such as nursing care given, medications and treatments given, reactions to treatments, tests, the intake and output of fluids and solids and the client's vital signs. Record nursing needs of individuals.
- Shall supervise medication administration practicum and sign off on medication administration monthly to ensure all outdated and discontinued drugs are disposed properly.
- Available for on-call duty and to work varied shifts as the needs arises.
- Work harmoniously and cooperatively with all consulting and/or contracted medical services to insure recommended treatments are carried out, integrated and documented into the treatment plans.
- Insure that the inventory standards for medicines, solutions, supplies and equipment are maintained to meet nursing care needs.
- Account for the issuance of controlled drugs and narcotics and inventories of these drugs.
- Provide appropriate information to the individual and family about such areas as sustaining and preventive health care, personal hygiene, methods of family or self-treatments, self-medication and possible side effects of medications.
- Serve as a liaison, interpreter or as accompaniment to individual with outside providers of health services.
- May train direct Support professional staff by way of demonstrations and the provision of written and oral instructions in the performance of nursing techniques and the use of certain nursing equipment.
- Carry out all policies of the agency issued management in accordance with OPWDD and/or other funding agency guidelines.
- The essential functions for the job include, but are not limited to, the duties listed in the job description.
- Licensed by NYS Dept. of Education
- Experience in OPWDD Certified homes, community residence and nursing homes
- First Aid and CPR certifications preferred.
- Has respect and consideration for the resident being served.
- Valid Driver s license preferred
- Must be on call via Phone and Lotus Notes access 24/7 days per week
Associated topics: coronary, infusion, intensive, intensive care, maternal, nurse, nurse clinical, psychatric, psychiatric, registered nurse
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...