Wiggins Airways has been in the aviation industry since 1929. We are seeking qualified Aircraft Maintenance Technicians to help us maintain unparalleled service and value for our customers, with the highest dedication to safety, innovation and teamwork.
- The principal function of an employee in this position is to perform scheduled and non-scheduled mechanical and avionics maintenance on all company and customer owned aircraft in a professional, safe and timely manner to help the department achieve annual business goals.
- Inspect, troubleshoot and repair airframe and powerplant components and systems
- Document work completed per company procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations
- Perform minor maintenance on ground support equipment as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Tow aircraft as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience entering and accessing technical data in computer systems
- Previous experience with PT6 preferred
- Experience within a fast-paced, scheduled maintenance operation
- Must hold a valid FAA Aircraft Mechanic certificate with Airframe & Powerplant ratings
- Must have valid driver's license
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be eligible to work in US
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English and be able to communicate effectively with other employees
- Must be able to interpret documents such as policy, repair and safety manuals
- Must be able to work various shifts
- Positive disposition, professional attitude, professional appearance
- Ability to gain airport access badge
- Successful completion of pre-employment required DOT drug screening and other required background checks
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to manipulate objects, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- May travel for training, to repair aircraft in the field, and to provide temporary support for other bases
- May work outdoors, in weather as necessary
- May work in close proximity to moving aircraft and machinery
- May work in a potentially noisy work environment
- Work is performed under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Director of Maintenance.